Friday, October 10, 2014

My "furnished" kitchen

This apartment, like so many others in Dublin, came furnished.  But there is no set definition for what that actually means.  We are very lucky to have an awesome landlord who is willing to work with us.  She knows that we have quite a bit of stuff coming, but not for 6-8 weeks.  This means we want her to leave enough stuff for us to get by, but not enough to get in our way once our stuff comes.  She did a really good job, but the kitchen in really sporadic.  As far as I can tell, it's the stuff she didn't want anymore and/or was too difficult to pack.  We have:

-a skillet that has so much teflon coming off it was not safe to use
-two sauce pans
-2 cake pans
-a stoneware tart pan that is broken
-a can opener
-a bottle opener
-1 wooden spoon
-1 liquid measuring cup
-6 egg cups
-6 forks
-55 glasses of varying sizes (13 of which are wine glasses)
-a glass pitcher
-cookie sheet
-broiler pan
-wooden cutting board

This is not an exhaustive list, and it does have some usefull items on it, but wanted to point out that we could use way less glasses and way more forks and cooking items!  I've never used an egg cup in my life and don't know why I would need 6, actually 7.  I threw away the plastic kindereir one.

What we don't have that I wish we did:

-a pot
-a spatula
-any other cooking tools at all!
-measuring spoons 
-dry measuring cups
-more forks
-tupperware
-a strainer
-potholders
-a casserole dish

I have tried to cook anyways, but the funky oven and lack of proper tools (and ingredients in some cases) has ended up with limited options for dinners and brownies that taste only somewhat brownie-like and look like this:


I have been cooking bronies for a LONG time.  I am not an epert or anything, but this is a disgace!  You can't tell because they are upside down, but the top is also completely burnt.  Also, not sure why, but some bites taste like garlic and/or onion.  

Can't wait for my stuff to get here.

1 comment: