Monday, October 20, 2014

Missing my stuff

Our household goods are supposed to come later this week, that is if they don’t get held up in customs, which we’ve been told is quite possible.  I’ve kind of gotten used to being without most of it, but here are the things I can’t wait to arrive:

-Blow-dryer.  I don’t actually blow-dry my hair very often, but I need it to put on a new set of Jamberry nail wraps!  I have a bunch of new patterns I want to try.

-Kitchen stuff, obviously.  But especially big pots, my knife set, a vegetable peeler, and my spices.  And more forks.

-Cleaning supplies, who would have guessed that one?!  Now that I am in charge of actually cleaning my house, instead of just hiring someone to do to the heavy lifting, I really miss my Melaleuca brand cleaning products.  I brought my vinegar/Purify mix for cleaning the bathrooms, but the stupid spray nozzle on my stupid glass bottle broke, so can only pour it on stuff at the moment.  I love love love my dōTERRA Oil mixed with water for disinfecting and stain removal, but it is not as good against soap scum and heavy duty dried on stuff as my other cleaners.    Plus my Melaleuca brand cleaners are all natural and non-toxic, not something I can say for most of the products in the store, which is why I have refused to go buy replacements.

-My stockpile of beauty/facial products.  Between dōTERRA and BeautiControl, I have lots of great products, but could never remember to set aside the time to use them before.  Now I can have spa day every day and will be the best looking American on the block!

-Workout videos (and the DVD player).  I have been trying to take more time to exercise, but when it is too cold/windy/rainy to take a walk outside, or if I am just stuck here waiting for the courier to arrive with a package, I really wish I had some videos I could do there in the living room.  Plus need the yoga video to stretch out.

-My stamping stuff.  I have a huge stockpile of StampinUp! papers, stamps, inks, and accessories I use to make pretty cards, and have been itching to dive into them lately.  Plus I need to get started on my Christmas cards ASAP if they are going to get done in time.

-My good camera.  The new phone has a camera that should be good, but just isn’t, and want to take pretty pictures to show you all!

-More warm clothes.  I didn’t plan very well, I was only looking at the high temp averages for September and October.  Most of the days have been glorious in the afternoon, but they usually start off pretty chilly.

-Hubby can’t wait for his big computer to come so he can play his games.  But I kind of like having more time with him, so I am happy waiting longer for that one ;)

-Dog beds.  Molly dog now has a total of 3 beds that will be spread around the apartment, which I am sure she will appreciate as it is all hardwood, tile, or Berber carpet with very little padding.  We feel kind of bad, but she DOES have the whole couch to lay on in the meantime.


Most of these are not actually the stuff I expected to miss, and here are a bunch of things I brought with me that have been untouched since I arrived.  Guess I wasn’t very good at guessing!  Maybe this will make it easier to get rid of a few more things once they arrive???  As much as I am excited to see everything again and get settled in FOR REAL, I am also dreading everything coming and having to find a place to stash everything.  Wish me luck.

What do you think you would be missing in my situation?

2 comments:

  1. Favorite foods they don't sell in Ireland. Do they have Ben and Jerry's? :) Fingers crossed that customs is good to you! -Jules

    ReplyDelete
  2. So far haven't found any foods I want but can't get, except French Onion dip mix for hubby. Not only do they have Ben and Jerry's, Hubby had some waiting for me in the freezer my first day here!

    ReplyDelete