Saturday, March 28, 2015

Frustrated

I recently returned from a very restorative trip the U.S..  When I came home I was determined to, among other things, take more pride in my housewife duties.  Plus, spring has sprung, so it's a bit of spring cleaning, and I finally ordered my new doTERRA OnGuard cleaner and couldn't wait to give it a test run, so I've been systematically cleaning the entire place.

Today my mission is to clean the cat bathroom, like really clean it.  I thought maybe that it always smelled because of reside left in the stall, since there were some butt smudges and whatnot in there.  Plus I am just kind of spring cleaning in general.  After cleaning the shower stall where the litter box resides, I dumped all the remaining litter out of the box and washed the litter box inside and out, and refilled with fresh litter.  I poured the litter straight into the trashcan, which was only about half full at the time, but the litter made it pretty heavy.  So I take the trash to the dumpster, ensuring not to let the heavy bag touch the ground and tear.  I was only about halfway to the dumpster when I felt sand going into my shoe, I looked down and there was a steady stream coming out of the trash bag.  Apparently the weight of the bag was enough to push some corner of something through the bag and make a little hole.  I moved the hole over the grass and hustled the best I could to the dumpster.  On the walk back I followed the trail, which lead all the way back to the edge of the building but not to the door, thank goodness the trail didn't start at our front door.  It's super crazy windy today and is supposed to rain later, I hoped the weather would take care of it, since I don't even think we have a broom here.  How embarrassing.



To thank me for my efforts, or as part of some curse I am under, where the house is not to smell cat poop free for even 5 minutes, there was a fresh, uncovered turd waiting for me by the time I got back from the dumpster.  Boddington also kindly re-covered all the surfaces I cleaned yesterday with fresh tear-stain drops.  That's doubly disappointing because he was doing so well with his eyes for a while on the other food, the one that made Paris sick.  I guess there isn't a food that will please both cats at once.
After coming in and sulking for a bit, I remembered that the landlord did leave us a broom, and I went back to take responsibility for my mess and try to clean it up.  I also remembered that the unit next door to us is having an open house today, and I didn't want to dissuade potential buyers by making the neighborhood look dirty.  Unfortunately that was just enough time for most of the litter to start to do it's litter thing on the patches of moisture on the ground from the morning's off and on sprinkles.  When I tried to sweep those spots, it mostly just smeared, doing more harm than good.  



I eventually managed to scrub event he smeared spots, and left it looking alright, but not quite as good as new.  The whole thing left me feeling a bit defeated.  Especially as I vacuumed really well on Tuesday, after brushing the cats, and then did some spot-cleaning vacuuming yesterday, but when I opened the patio door today (Saturday) and the wind came in, like 5 tumblefurs blew across the living room floor.  Tumblefurs is hubby's cute name for the clumps of cat and dog fur that gather around the edges of the room and blow like tumbleweeds across the floor at the slightest provocation.  It makes me wonder why I bother cleaning at all!  This blog was meant to help keep my spirits up through the transition period, and I try to post mostly positive things, but sometimes I just need to vent!  And it worked, now I can laugh at it a bit, but now time to get back to cleaning.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment